CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bump Date: 19 Weeks

 How far along:
19 weeks

Total weight gain:
+5

Size of baby:
Large Heirloom Tomato or 6 inches head to bottom

Maternity Clothes:
Not really attempting many regular pants these days, generally sticking to elastic bands.

Gender:
It's a BOY!!! 

Baby Boy's Name:
Oliver Gammill
Oliver- after my Great Grandmother Olive / Gammill- Andrew's mom's maiden name, as well as Andrew's middle name

Movement:
Yes!  
Little man is moving a lot more.  He tends to roll more than he does kick.   I've tried to get Hadley over when he starts kicking, but every time he stops as soon as she puts her hand on my tummy.

Sleep:
Sleeping pretty well, other than bathroom breaks.  I'm back up to 2-3 a night.  Laying on my stomach is pretty much out of the picture as anytime I do I'm quickly awoken by kicks or punches.

What I miss:
Not much.

Cravings/Aversions:
Cravings: Still enjoying the occasional bowl of Spaghetti Os (I know), Veggies, Polar Ice, Kid Cereals, and MILK (accompanied by lactaid pills, blah)
Aversions: fish doesn't sound good on any level

Other Symptoms:
Getting some energy back and my belly's looking bigger... much bigger.
Random: Clogged ear, yes one ear.  My left ear has been clogged off and on for about a month now and it drives me crazy.  I've read a few things saying it happens to some pregnant women, weird.  It is currently not clogged today, but was the 3 days before.

Big moment this week:
We had our big ultrasound yesterday.  The ultrasound tech was in there for a good 30 minutes looking at every organ and bone in his body.  Little man is still very much boy and he is definitely growing.  They gave us a CD with a few pictures on it and we even got a couple 3D.
After the ultrasound tech left the doctor came in and did a quick ultrasound looking over everything as well.  Over all everything looked great, his organs are all doing what they need to and no deformations.

The doctor did mention they found a small choroid plexus cyst.  From what I gathered it's essentially a little bubble that forms in the choroid plexus (in the brain) while it begins producing spinal fluid.  It doesn't hurt them or cause a lot of issues on its own.  This is relatively common for babies between 16-24 weeks gestation as the choroid plexus is just developing and will usually go away within a few weeks.

However, I will be having a follow-up level 2 ultrasound October 29, to make sure it is gone, because it is also a risk factor of Trisomy 18.  The doctor did not seem concerned at all with the possibility of Trisomy 18.  Most babies with this syndrome have several other organ problems, deformities with their head, hands, feet and measure smaller.  Oliver, as I mentioned earlier, has none of the said deformations or organ problems and he's measuring right on time. (Infact the ultrasound tech said, based on what Hadley weighed he's looking to weigh a little more.)  Plus, the blood screening I had during my 16 week appointment, which included checking my AFP (Alpha Fetoprotein), came back normal.

I had my freak out moment (or maybe 3 or 4), but the doctor, after asking the 30th question in a row regarding the cyst, gave me a stern look and said, "It will be gone when you come back."  I'm confident he's right however any prayers you want to say would be much appreciated.
Mommies just worry.

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!