CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bump Date: 34 Weeks

How far along:
34 weeks

Size of baby:
Cantaloupe

Maternity Clothes:
I can wear workout pants and some dresses & tunic tops, but the rest are maternity.

Gender:
It's a BOY!!! 
Baby Boy's Name:
Oliver Gammill
Oliver- after my Great Grandmother Olive / Gammill (like camel with a 'G')- Andrew's mom's maiden name, as well as Andrew's middle name

I found this picture recently of me and my Great Grandmother, Oliver's namesake.

Movement:
Yes!  
It's funny to think when I was first starting to feel him I thought he was going to be pretty laid back and chill.  The bigger he gets and the more obvious his movements are I've discovered... he's a wild man.  I literally had an entire day a few days ago that what seemed like there was only an hour of him not moving.  The rest of the time he was bananas!! 

Sleep:
In order for me to achieve the most comfortable position I have a specific purpose for every pillow in my bed. They need to be there... or else.  ;)
While I feel like I have the pillow thing perfected I still wake up several times a night. Sometimes I actually need to go to the bathroom, which makes it feel worth it, and sometimes there is really no reason.

What I miss:
Sometimes I just want to lay on my tummy. Not really gunna happen.

Cravings/Aversions:
Cravings: Not a whole lot of cravings right now actually.  Maybe you could say Tums, as heartburn has been my newest development.

Other Symptoms:
1- Still pretty tired.  Hoping I can use what energy I have to get everything done before he gets here.  There's really not a whole lot left to do, thankfully!!
2- Hello heartburn. According to the old wives tale lots of heartburn means lots of hair.  That's what I'm hoping.  Also, it's a good thing I don't mind the taste of Tums.
I can honestly say it looks like he's working on some.
3- Braxton Hicks.  I've been having a lot more of these lately. While I know they don't mean much, I'm hoping they mean I'll actually start labor on my own this time and not have to be induced at 40+ weeks again.
4- Crazy dreams.  Yes, they continue.
5- NESTING!!  With my short bursts of energy I've been cleaning out closets and throwing stuff away.  Maybe I'm more purging than nesting.  I've cleaned out my closet and it feels so much more organized. Oliver's closet has been cleaned out and I've started packing both of our hospital bags.  All of his sheets have been washed as well as a few newborn outfits and every part of his car seat has been washed and wiped down.

Big moment this week:
Mimi and Pap-pa came in town this past weekend and brought the cradle.  My dad actually made this cradle.  It has been used by both my nieces (Audrey and Paige) as well as Hadley.  Oliver will be the first boy!!

The bigger I get the more tired I get, so I decided Christmas needed to go up early this year. =)

We've been watching lots of Christmas movies already and I have the Christmas station on in my car.  Needless to say I think Oliver is going to be a Christmas lover as well, as he's been a lot more active since we've started all the prepping.

Andrew will actually be home this time next week.  After that he'll just have to go on one more short trip and then he's back... for good!!  HOORAY!!!

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!