CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Operation Pink Eye

I'm starting out this post with a big BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that I have that out of my system I will explain....

So yesterday was Hadley's 9 month check up. (Yes, I realize she is almost 10m but that's all they had available this month.) Before going in she was perfectly healthy with her beautiful blue eyes and happy as can be. It was not immediate, but I did start noticing a little before dinner that Hadley's right eye seemed a bit red and she was rubbing it quite a bit. I didn't think much of it and Andrew assured me she was fine it was probably just because she was getting tired since she didn't take a very good nap. Then we were sitting at dinner and I really began to notice a nasty white ooze coming from both eyes. I tried to wipe it away but as soon as I had thrown the tissue away and turned back to look at her....THERE IT WAS!! We gave her some allergy medicine thinking it could be just from the weather and put her to bed.

She woke up this morning with what seemed like the usual sleep in her eyes, but was definitely not herself as the day progressed, very whiney and irritable. She was still rubbing her eyes and the "sleep" wasn't going away. Due to her attitude I decided to put her down at 11:45 for her nap (which usually happens around 12:30). She didn't even make a peep until almost 2:30, which then I knew something was up. When I went in to get her, her eyes were caked shut and oozing profusely. I had to go to work, but I told Andrew she HAD to go to the doctor.

As I was leaving I began to get that itchy/burning eye feeling. I couldn't decide if it was just me being paranoid or if I too had fallen victim to Pink Eye. I decided to brave the storm and go ahead to work. Shortly after I got there I talked to one of the nurses, she looked at my eye and said, "You definitely have it, go home." (By the way I commute 1 hr to work. Again, boo...)

As I said earlier we decided Hadley must go to the doctor, so Andrew took her while I was 'at work.' The doctor took a brief look at her and said, "Oh yeah... she's got pink eye there's no doubt." Prescribed an ointment and sent them on their way. The ointment is to be applied 4x daily for 7 days!!! I don't think they realize how hard it is to pry a 9 month old's eye open enough to get an ointment (not drops) spread on the inside. Its terrible, and we're only on day 1!!

I say most of this to vent on how bad I feel for my poor little girl. I also say this because as someone mentioned to me today she probably got it at the doctors office on Friday. Just goes to show how unclean doctors' offices can possibly be. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!! Poor Hadley! Pink eye is the worst, I used to get it all the time when I worked at the eye doctor's office. Booo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Norman's... Pink eye hurts sooooo bad..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinkeye occurs due to viral or bacterial infection. Allergic pinkeye develops due to pollens, animal shedding and certain cosmetic products. Viral pinkeye is very much transmittable. Allergic or chemical pink eye is non-contagious. There are many symptoms of pinkeye like reddishness on eyes, inflamed eyelids, excessive tear production, burning sensation, stuck eyelids, irritation etc. For more details refer eye diseases

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!