CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 6, 2012

July 4th Week {Sunday-Tuesday}

My parents have a big 4th of July bash every year and it's one of the things I look forward to the most.  We had such a full week of festivities I've decided to split it into 2 posts.

SUNDAY
Hadley and I made a road trip to Rogers to start our 4th celebration.  Andrew started his surgery rotation this week so he wasn't able to make it.  =(

My little cutie!

We played around for a while and then all went to eat dinner together at Firehouse.  These two girls are always entertaining.  =)

Audrey had a sleep over with Hadley at Mimi & Pap-pa's house.  They worked really hard on a new recipe.  If you asked Audrey she was making soup, but Hadley was set on making coffee.

After having a good time in the mud a bath was a must.  They are too cute!

This is what I found when I went to check on them a few minutes later, I think they were worn out.

MONDAY
We started the preparations for the 4th and I took some time out that morning to straighten Audrey's hair.  She looks so much older with straight hair, its crazy.

It's hard to tell (b/c they're all cut up) but Pap-pa made Cars pancakes for breakfast.

One of our preps was testing out a layered drink and I think it turned out pretty well.

I made this wreath for mom's front door.

The kiddos kept themselves entertained by playing hard in the backyard.  The hammock was a hit.

Jolene and Ryan had us over for dinner where Hadley ended up sitting at a table by herself for not listening.  When I went in to check on her she was passed out cold on the table.

When we got back to Mimi and Pap-pa's, Hadley had woken up and decided a cup of hot cocoa was the only thing that would get her ready for bed.  It really did hit the spot.

TUESDAY
With the 4th being a day away I had some errands to run and found these red, white & blue carnations on sale at Wal-Mart.  They were normally $3 bundles, but were on sale for .50 a bundle, so I pretty much bought them out, ha.

They played a significant roll in making this.

While we got more stuff ready for the 4th the kids played outside and enjoyed some homemade fresh fruit popsicles we made.  Pretty refreshing for a 102* day.

More hammock fun.

We headed over to Grandma and Pap-pap's for taco salads, while we awaited the arrival of my cousins Beth, Laura and sweet Georgia!
Uncle Kevin was the hit for the kids, they took turns as "the lawn mower," "washing machine," and "taking out the trash."

Pap-pa with most of his kiddos, before heading to Andy's for dessert.

YAY for ice cream!!!

Uncle Kevin at the kids bench.
Once we got home Hadley had a bath and once again fell asleep within two minutes of her head hitting the pillow.  I love it when that happens.

I'll be posting our 4th of July party in my next post so check back and see.  =)

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!