CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 13, 2012

The Non-Epic Post

I've been waiting for something epic to happen so I would have an exciting post but alas that epic moment has yet to happen.  So instead you're stuck with the play-by-play of the last few days. 

SATURDAY
Andrew has been on his surgery rotation this month.  This means he's alarm goes off at 4:30 on a regular basis.  He does Hadley's nighttime prayers and such and when I went in to see how it was going I found this...
Two tuckered out kids.

SUNDAY
 Hadley and I went to church solo as Andrew had to work this weekend.  When we got home we decided to make some fruit popsicles.

 A few hours later we were able to enjoy the fruits of our labor.  (You see what I did there?)

These cool holders collect all the popsicles drippings and have a straw you can drink it with, BRILLIANT!

Hadley and I enjoyed our popsicles during a walk around the neighborhood while Andrew worked on a presentation.  (Check out Hadley's green tube socks and black patent leather shoes.)

We also made these little yummies I found on pinterest. 
(Wrap 1/2 mozzarella cheese stick and pepperonis (I used turkey pepperonis) inside crescent rolls.  Bake as directed and dip in pizza sauce.)

MONDAY
Hadley and I went to Hobby Lobby that morning to get some supplies for a project I was working on.  Hadley decided wings and rain boots were necessary for this trip. 
 

After I finished the project Hadley and I took a little trip to Big Splash.

After enjoying some time in the sun I had to get ready for an SAA meeting with my board and chairs.  I have such a great group to work with and I'm really excited about this year.  
I got to see Mr. Parker again, it's only been a few weeks but he's changed so much.

Later that night I was going through some pictures and discovered these two jewels.  Turns out my little girl actually does look like me.  =)

TUESDAY
I would like to thank my sister in law, Rachel, for teaching me the Chi curl.  It turned out pretty good this time.  =)

After lunch with some friends at Chick-a-flick Hadley and I went to Carter's and found some cute outfits for little Paige.  She'll be here before we know it!

WEDNESDAY
Hadley and I were pretty lazy most of the day.
After church we went back to our sno cone hot spot.  Hadley got the Barbie Doll (watermelon & strawberry), I got the coconut mojito (lime & coconut) and Andrew got Pina colada (pineapple & coconut) this week.  All of them were amazing!

THURSDAY
Hadley and I took lunch to the Kirkpatrick's and got to meet sweet baby Jack.  I forgot to take a picture, but just imagine the most adorabley tiny little boy. =)

After drop off we went to Big Splash for a few hours.
Hadley is taking a liking to her snorkel gear.

All day Thursday Jolene Paige was trying to go into labor.  They finally got everything stopped and hopefully she'll have enough time to pack before Paige kicks back in gear.

 FRIDAY
Today we met some friends at the Riverside splash pad.
I got to love on this sweet little man for a bit.


When Andrew still wasn't home at 7, Hadley and I thought he might need a treat when he did get here, so we made Raspberry Lemonade Bars.

Hadley was explaining to me what the box was telling us to do.  It made me laugh, so I thought I'd share it with you.

While we waited for them to bake we played a round of Princess Yahtzee.

Finished product...
They were pretty yum.  =)
Andrew was home by 9:30 to enjoy them. (Note: he went up to the hospital at 5:30am) =(  I think this surgery rotation might kill me.  At least he has this weekend off.  =)

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful week! The splash pad looks like lot of sun!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!