CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas...family of 4!

Family of 4, this would include our dog, Jake. This is going to be a doozy of pictures just to warn you. Today we celebrated our little family Christmas since there is really no other time before Christmas for us to actually do it. (We're helping some people move over the next couple days then headed to Austin, TX on Friday to see Andrew's sister only to come back on Tuesday and leave again for Rogers on Wednesday for my family's Christmas and then onto Searcy for his family's Christmas.) I'm so excited about getting to see everyone, but I'll be honest I get tired just thinking about it.

Anyway....back to Christmas. We do 3 gifts for Hadley, not including her stocking, after my sister-in-law said they did that for their kiddos. She tells her little boy, "They get 3 gifts because that's what Jesus got." I thought this was great: #1- Because you remember this is also a day we use to celebrate Christ's birth and #2- it decreases all the EXCESS junk!
Hadley's HoHo Gift
(This picture was taken around 1:30am, some assembly required MY FOOT how 'bout ALL.)

How Hadley felt about her other two gifts.
Gift #1
YAY Blocks!
Gift #2
MAGNA*DOODLE!

STOCKINGS!!
Jake
(Treats, 2 Beneful meals, Breath mints (for dogs), and a toy)
Hadley
(Monkey, Princess and the Frog, Princess silly bands, cotton candy bath soap (shaped like a cupcake), ice cream lip gloss, and candy cane)
I know this picture is blurry but I loved it because the monkey was sticking out the top of her stocking and she was so excited about it she didn't even bother taking it out before she started loving on it and walking all around the living room.
Hadley watching Jake's stocking sing "Here Comes Santa Clause" while its ears flopped up and down.
Loved her candy cane.

Andrew's Turn!
TOMS

He got some new jeans a button up and 2 pull over sweaters. (Pictures below and above crack me up...he modeled them like this with no push by me, so GQ. HaHa)
Andrew's stocking:
(Wallet, OSU ornament and a candy cane)


Tonight's Meal:
Rosemary's Soup or as my brother calls it "Man Soup"
My parents got this from a sweet lady that used to go to church with them. Its super easy and DELICIOUS!!
Ingredients: 2 cans ranch beans, 2 cans Minestrone, 1 can rotel, 2 cups water (I used 1 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth), 1 lb. ground beef (I used ground turkey), 1/2 onion chopped, 2 celery stalks chopped, *green onions chopped, *spoonful of minced garlic, *1 package ranch seasoning
* Original recipe did not call for this, omit of desired.

1. Brown meat in large pot with chopped vegetables and ranch seasoning.
2. Once meat is fully cooked add remaining ingredients.
3. Let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
ENJOY!!!
Me and my sweet girl after a very filling dinner.
Hadley showing off her camera skills.

BATH*TIME
Tonight's bath time was very entertaining. Hadley had a blast and kept Andrew and I laughing.
No idea what brought this on but she loved it and thought it was SO funny!

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!