CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 22, 2011

Show Us Your Life {Organization}

Okay I really don't have pictures, I apologize but I'll just say organization makes me so happy inside. And when Kelly's Korner made it her SUYL theme this week you better believe I'm gunna add my two cents.

Routine/Schedule:
I love knowing what's coming next and I think it helps Hadley too. As far as her schedule goes, I try to keep it as consistent as possible. It obviously get a little messed up on playgroup days and on Monday's, because that my Wal-Mart and cleaning day. But consistency is key with toddlers I think.

I love doing my Wal-Mart and cleaning on the same day. Yes, it very tiring but I'm so glad its over at the beginning of the week and the rest of the week I just pick up after Hadley goes to sleep. Also, having my Wal-Mart days consistently on Monday's helps Andrew to remember to tell me when he needs stuff.

We also try to make our Family Fun Night on Fridays. This is just helpful because when we day is out when looking to plan things with other people as to not schedule it over our family time.
Storage:
I am obsessed with labels and baskets. I think they are such a cute way to organize and are very self explanatory. If you open our bathroom cabinets there are baskets everywhere. Most of them labels with what's inside. Even without labels baskets are a good/cute way to stuff things and hide them. Hadley's shelves in her playroom have really cute animal face baskets in them and make the room pop with color and declutter, but if you were to pull one out and look inside you will totally lose that feeling of organization, ha.

I also love rubbermade drawers. I have them in closets and in the garage. I have a 3 drawer in our coat closet: top drawer- hats; middle drawer- scraves & gloves, bottom drawer- extra sheets and blow-up mattress (kinda random) If you asked me what any drawer in our house had in it I could most likely answer in a heartbeat.

Overall:
I think the biggest thing about being organized is not letting yourself become overwhelmed. If you get too much going on and let things pile up, thinking about how hard its going to be to get reorganized is exhausting and makes you not want to do it. Know your limits and don't over do it.

KNOW THIS=> If you DON'T put too much on your plate and it makes it much easier to stay organized. =)

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I love that you go to Walmart every Monday. This is a great idea and I think it will work better than what we're doing now, ha!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!