Thursday, September 5, 2013

Our First Week...

This has been Hadley's first week of school and our first week with Andrew being in Texas.

Monday, we slept in a had brunch at 918 Coffee before Andrew had to head out.
Hads had milk and a chocolate chip muffin, Andrew had coffee and a smoothie and I had oatmeal and a Chai Tea.

My 2 cuties!!!
Loving Hadley's milk mustache.
 Andrew procrastinated as long as possible, but the inevitable happened and he headed to San Antonio.
Yes, yes I did take a picture of him driving away. *sniff*
Andrew and I were joking about him leaving this time.  Shortly (like 2 weeks) after we moved to Tulsa, Andrew had to leave for his Commissioned Officers training.  I was completely new to Tulsa, he was going to be gone for 6 weeks and literally everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong while he was gone: 1- I had to call the fire department because Hadley got locked in her bedroom and I couldn't figure out how to unlock these old house door knobs (They taught me, it was easy, I was totally embarrassed), 2- Our dish washer flooded the kitchen and 3- Our house somehow got listed on Craig's List and people kept showing up and looking in the windows.
Throughout the time I did great and totally held myself together.

This time...
 He's only gone 4 weeks, plus we get to see him for a couple days in the middle.  I'm not sure if its the hormones or the fact that Hadley's now 4 and full of attitude and not 13 months old, when our days consisted of "find your nose," but I feel like a hot mess!  

Note: Andrew's first deployment will most likely rock my face off!

Hadley and I filled the rest of our day with an EPIC Wal-Mart run, dinner and an early bedtime.

DAY #1
Hadley's first day was GREAT!!  She woke up extremely excited to go to school and came home with the same excitement.

That night we had some friends over for dinner.  Andrew and my friend Airika's husband are both gone for rotations this month so we had a dinner date, to keep each other company and let the kids play and run off what energy they had left from their first day of school.

I made a recipe I found on pinterest, it was super easy and tasted really good too!
Seriously... so easy!!
Put all this in the crockpot on low for 5 hours.
20 oz. Frozen Cheese Tortellini 
2 cans Italian Style Diced Tomatoes
2 cans Chicken Broth
1 bag Fresh Spinach
1 lb cooked Italian Sausage
8 oz. Cream Cheese cubed

DAY #2
She is LOVING school this year.  She woke up at 7:30, came in my room and said, "Come on Mom.  Hurry and get up, so we can go to school!"
This is Hadley's first year to do Wednesday school.  I think it will be a really good transition for her since we're planning to start her in Kindergarten next year and she'll be going 5 full days.

While she was at school, I went to a playdate, without a child. (I'm not going to lie it was kinda nice.)
We had lunch and then did a little shopping, since the playdate was in the mall's play area.

Before I knew it, it was time to go get the Hads.
When I picked her up she was all smiles!

I managed to get her bathed, us both fed and ready for church and I'm so glad I did.  Hadley loved her class and I'm really excited about the new series we're doing, the first night was awesome.
It's great, you should come too!!!

DAY #3
She woke up, yet again, eager to go to school and I can't help but smile at the fact that she enjoys it so much.

While she was at school I got to go to the gym and even did a little yoga at home.  (I'm definitely finding new things to occupy my time.)

When I picked her up today one of her sweet friends, Emmy, gave her a birthday present she had been holding on to since she missed her party back in May.  (Hadley loves that this holiday keeps on going.)
Lalaloopsy Game, Stickers and Activity Book (+ some Emerson exclusive art work)

I've been seeing so many people posting and getting ready for fall and Halloween.  My fall Pottery Barn catalog has already come in with all of its adorable fall/Halloween decor ideas and I just had to do something.

I decided to work on a project that went south shortly after I finished it the first time.
A couple years ago I made this wreath the night before a Halloween playgroup I was hosting, for some added decor.
The next day it looked like this. The styrofoam "Boo" didn't stand a chance.

A sign from Gordmans, some ribbon from Hobby Lobby and it looks much better.  =)
Yes, that is orange hair coming from the witches hat.

Tomorrow, Hadley and I will yet again find ways to keep ourselves busy while our countdown to see Andrew continues.
9 days till our visit and SEA WORLD!!

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!