CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Belated Weekend Update

FRIDAY
We dropped off the Hadster with my sister so she could spend the weekend with Audrey and then we headed to Jasper, AR for a weekend on the Buffalo with friends. For those of you who don't know what a pig trail is this (although blurry) was a picture of our GPS. Several of our turns were almost a complete "V."
Let me also note the sign right before we got to this part read, "Steep and Whinedy for the next 14 Miles." BOOO!!!
I, as I think I've said in past posts, get EXTREMELY carsick, but I think I found an antidote this trip. When it started getting really bad I popped in some old school Britney, BSB and N'Sync turned it up and belted it out and I didn't really get sick! It also helped that it was pretty dark outside too.
We got there around 9:30 and some of the Harry Potter fans (Mia & Ash) gave each other tattoos in excitement for the release of Deathly Hallows: Part II, ha.

Those of us who didn't already have feathers got to pick some out.
Thanks Jeanette!
(I apologize for the awkward face I wasn't sure what to do.)
I have the bronze colored one but I also have a thin yellow and black one that you can't really see in this picture.
We enjoyed some entertainment from Keith with some reverse grip push-ups.
*Me and Ash*
And of course it wouldn't be complete without a game of Catch Phrase!


SATURDAY
We started the morning with breakfast at this diner in Jasper. Although the service was just okay the food was pretty good, especially their chocolate (yes, CHOCOLATE) gravy.
After breakfast we headed back the cabin to change and head out to the river. Unfortunately it was too low to canoe so we just swam. And I really say unfortunately because swimming in river water kinda creeps me out. Against my better judgement (and because I didn't want to sit by myself) I went swimming and incase you're wondering when I got out I did infact have BROWN water dripping off my bathing suit, AHHH!!
With the effort of Scott and Mia we had an amazing dinner. Which was followed by some creepy ghost stories, yes we are in 7th grade.

Meanwhile in Bentonville . . .
Hadley started her day at the splash pad off the downtown square.
After nap Jolene and Ryan took the girls to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie and then came home to make cookies, too much fun!!


SUNDAY
Scott made biscuits and his AMAZING sausage gravy and Evan made some delicious french toast to give us all the energy to make our drives home. It was such a fun weekend, can't wait till next year!!!


MONDAY
I have no pictures, but the morning was pretty simple and that night I had a night out with my girls. We went to Fish Daddy's for dinner and then watched Larry Crowne.
I had so much fun!

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!