CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend Update

Friday night I went in to check on Hadley before going to bed and this is what I found, haha.
{Covers are overrated.}
P.S- Look how long she is!!

SATURDAY
We started the morning with a birthday party at LaFortune Park for our friend Easton, who was turning 3.

*Park + Pizza + Cake = Perfection*

*Presents*

Hadley was even more excited about the party when she found out she got something too!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EASTON!!

When we got home we pulled out the bubble machine.

We also played with chalk, it's a favorite at our house.
(I love repurposing things and wipe containers are great for storing chalk!)

What started as good and relatively clean fun quickly turned into full body chalk art.
Since Hadley was covered in chalk and was getting a little pink we decided to come in.

When Andrew got home we went for a family jog.  Our "Couch to 5k" workout took us 2.2 miles.

Let me just say that this hill looks pretty innocent until you try to run it.  =(

Little Miss fell asleep.  Wouldn't it be great if we could all sleep through a jog?

After our run we made some delicious smoothies for dinner and did yard work.  Seriously...does yard work ever end?! 

I also gave Andrew a hair cut.  There are definitely pros and cons to cutting your husband's hair.  
Pros: 1-You can only blame yourself if you hate it. (which is also a con), 2-If you hate it atleast your not out any $$.
Cons:  1- Refer to #1 pro, 2-You keep saying you're going to cut it followed by, "Oh I'll do it tomorrow..."  Then all of the sudden it looks like the below picture.  =/
I know it seems silly that I posted this picture but his hair was out of control.  I can't believe I made him go in public like this, sorry babe.  =(

Once Hadley was in bed Andrew and I had a date night.  We popped some popcorn, curled up on the couch and ordered a movie.  Who says you have to go out to have a date?

SUNDAY
After church we went to Billy Sims BBQ for lunch with the group. One word: DELICIOUS!

While we were there I snapped a few pictures, Hadley is a girl of many faces. 
(These are actually all pretty similar, ha.)

The afternoon consisted of yet again, more yard work.  Our awesome neighbor let us use his electric trimmer so we put it to work.
This is what we took off in the backyard...

And this is what we took off by the driveway...

Wow-za... It's a good thing we like working in the yard.  =)

Tonight we had combined small groups for a potluck cook-out at one of the family's houses.  There was so much good food it was unreal.  I'm pretty sure I had 2 FULL helpings of baked beans.  PLEASE give me the recipe Summer!!  =)

Hadley found a dirt pile and was content, but was also three shades of orange/red.  (Did I mention it was red dirt?)  Bath time was a no brainer tonight!

Believe it or not my sweet little girl will be turning 3 at 3:29 tomorrow morning.  I have no idea where the time has gone.

Hope y'all had a great weekend!!

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Glad y'all had a good weekend. Happy birthday, Hadley!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!