CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Girls Weekend {Heber Springs}

After enjoying a couple days with my sweet girl I was off again for a girls weekend.  I have some friends from college that try to get together every year (for the last 2 years, ha).
Some people may think I had to suffer through 4 years of college because I went to a strict private school, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I met some of my best friends there and definitely my best soul warriors!
Last year we went to the beach and this year we had a weekend at Ashley's family lake house.

When we arrived Friday, Ashley had made us all dinner: Chicken & Veggie Soup and Homemade Chocolate Pie (her grandma's recipe).
Delicious!!! 

Kellye had to leave early Saturday morning for Fayetteville to watch Kentucky get beat by Arkansas (she's a Kentucky fan).  Wooo PIG!  We did miss you the rest of the weekend though, Kellye.  ;)

Working hard on breakfast Saturday morning.

The Breafast Spread:
Cheese Grits (Pioneer Woman), Extra Thick Bacon and Pumpkin Pancakes with all the toppings.

After breakfast we went to the Heber Wal-Mart where we picked up more food (of course) and pumpkins to decorate, which we never did, ha.

Dinner time was a group effort.
Laura working hard on the banana chocolate chip cake with cream cheese icing, that she was making for dessert.  Thanks, Laura it was scrumptious. 

Before sitting down we ended up having a serious photo shoot.

Don't my friends look like fun?!

Love these girls!
Heather, Laura, Claire, Jenni, Ashley, Brittany, Me
"Just as iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." -Proverbs 27:17 (NLT)

With dinner we had the most spiritually uplifting communion. No, we didn't drink the juice or take the bread but this was truly fellowship.  Nothing I could say could even begin to explain how BLESSED I am to have these girls in my life!!!

Of course we followed that up with Katy Perry: Part of Me in the theater room.  We may have also had a dance party afterwards. =)  How could you not...
The back row was excited for the movie.

Sunday, I got up and made breakfast.  After putting it in the oven I went on the back porch to enjoy some of this.
God is good!

After breakfast we said our goodbyes, although hesitant, and went our separate ways. Until next year ladies!!

“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that gives value to survival.” -C.S. Lewis

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!