CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Shakin' Bakin' Tuesday!!

Yesterday was a little busy.  Hadley had school that morning and I ran errands and cleaned the house until it was time for pick-up.

I got this sweet picture from my friend Erin of Hadley waking Emerson up when she got there.
She said when she walked in Hadley saw her and went over to Emerson and starting whispering,
"Emerson wake up your mommy's here."  
Then she started handing her all of her "friends."

After MDO we headed to see Daddy at school.
Love this sweet girl's face!

Hadley let some of the students practice their techniques on her.

When we got home we did our baking activity.



I've got my little baker helper, lets go!

Valentine Cake Balls.

Make cake as directed on box.

Hadley loves turning the mixer on.
Note the top left picture.  =)

I love her smirk in this picture.

Of course when you get done its necessary to enjoy at least one lick of the spoon.

Once baked let cool then dump in bowl, crumble, add 3/4 tub of icing.

I put mine in the refrigerator for a bit to help them stiffen, which makes them easier to mold.  This is especially helpful when making cake-pops because it helps to keep them on the stick when dipping.

Melt candy coating and cover completely. 
 Be sure to put the sprinkles on soon after as the candy does harden relatively fast.

Hadley sent one of her Tinkerbell Valentines with them.

DINNER:
Pork Tenderloin, carrots, and roasted asparagus

For dessert Andrew showed Hadley the true way to eat an Oreo.
(Incase you were wondering I didn't let her have cake balls and Oreos.  The cake balls went to school so some none were consumed.) 
***************
This morning our playgroup met at the library for storytime.  Hadley was having "a morning" so we were running behind.  Instead of fighting it we just took our time getting ready and met the girls afterwards for lunch.

Hadley taking a break in our bed while I was trying to coax her into getting dressed.

It was such a beautiful day today we couldn't let it pass by without spending some quality time outside. Hadley loved it.  Although outside was not until we cleaned up the mess Hadley made out of her movies, seen in the top left corner.


I made a strawberry milkshake tonight for dessert that was divine.  Its kind of unfortunate because I usually have strawberries and right now I almost have an entire half gallon of ice cream in my freezer.

Hadley has kind of been in a mood today so after dinner she went straight to bed.  The nice thing is she didn't fight it either.  Awww... it really is great when that happens.

Oh and update on my shot.  I didn't end up getting my first round last Wednesday because of what we'll call technical difficulties so I'm actually getting it tomorrow.  Wish me luck!!

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I used to love baking with my mom, and dad! My dad is a great chef/baker and I would always bake with him!!!! I can't wait to bake with Emma Claire. Your pictures are adorable! It looks like y'all had so much fun! :-) And your dinner looks SO yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blog stalking :)I noticed you had a photo of Hadley on an OMM table and it made me wonder if you husband is at a DO school? If so, my fiance is also at a DO school... I've had to spend many of nights on one of those tables letting all of John's classmates practice on me!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!