CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shakin' Bakin' Tuesday!!

Whew... I'm thinking I definitely made up for yesterday's "lazy day."  Hadley had MDO so I dropped her off this morning, headed to Hobby Lobby for some decor for a party I'm helping with, to the mall for a birthday present, and finally to Wal-Mart.  I then headed home to unload groceries and was back in the car to meet a friend.  And just like that it was time to pick Hadley up.

When I got her in the car she asked for her coloring tray.  I handed it to her and shortly after I looked back to find she had removed all the lids from her markers and was wiggling her fingers saying, 
"Look mommy I have sharp fingernails."

When we got home Hadley got a snack,
Nutella and Vanilla Animal Crackers

Then we did our Tuesday baking activity.


*Chocolate Madness Brownies*
2 boxes brownies, 2 giant symphony (almond&toffee) bars, chocolate fudge icing *Optional: color mist, sprinkles
Make brownie mix as directed.  (I mixed both boxes together.)
Pour half of brownie mix in greased 13x9 pan.
Break and place candy bars, then pour remaining batter over pieces. Bake at 350* until toothpick comes out clean, around 45 minutes.


Who could deny the brownie batter spoon from a face like this?

Final Steps:

She was so proud!

After baking it was onto dinner.  We went for a Mexican theme tonight.  I know of all things it probably should have been Cajun since today was Fat Tuesday but alas it was not.

We made our own...
Salsa
(Blend 1 large can whole tomatoes, green onions, red onion, 2 jalapenos, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 and 1/2 limes worth of juice, cilantro and seasonings to taste.)

and chips.
(Lightly coat in EVOO, sprinkle with salt, cut and bake @ 350* till crisp.)
 

We also had chicken fajitas.

After dinner Andrew had a basketball game so we all went.  I ran the scoreboard with my sweet friend Erin while Hadley played with the ball and whistle on the floor.

After the game we headed home and put the Hadster to bed.  Andrew had a lot of studying to do so he got right to it once she was asleep.  
While he was doing that a couple girlfriends and myself needed some time to vent about our daily stressors so we met up for a short (but fun) girls night.

Well I have another pretty full day tomorrow, and by the clock on my computer that would be today, meaning I should get in bed.  =)

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!