CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 26, 2013

Food for Thought

Yesterday wasn't a super eventful day, but we made the most of it and it seemed to circulate around one common thing... food.

I discovered that yesterday was infact "Free Tea Day" at McAlister's, so we met Andrew there for lunch.
Apparently we weren't the only ones that new of this special occasion and were there with the rest of Tulsa.  We decided to just grab our free tea at the stand they had set up outside and then head somewhere else for lunch.

The winner for lunch is one of our favorites, La Madeleine.  To make it even better the weather was perfect for eating outside.

After lunch Hadley and I made a trip to Wal-Mart for more of the basic food items and then headed home. 

About then was Hadley's snack time: nutella and strawberries on a rice cake.  She loved it and said the rice cake tasted like popcorn, ha.

I have a friend here in Tulsa that I also follow on instagram that posted this recipe on one of her instagram pics.
tomatoes, avocado, hard boiled egg, bacon crumbles, lemon juice, salt & pepper
Andrew and I actually ended up doing this for dinner and it was perfect.  Thanks again Lindsey for posting the recipe!!  

Now that I've gotten a good amount of energy back I'm hoping to do more cooking and not as many frozen lasagnas or take out.  That being said Andrew's already called to let me know that he wants to take Hads and I somewhere tonight, ha.  I guess the cooking thing will start more next week.

I'm pretty sure Hadley's going through a growth spurt because:
#1- She's eating a lot more.  I cannot skip a snack for this girl.
#2- Oh my stars this kid's attitude. (I understand this may not all be growth spurt, but it usually does come in tow with most of hers.)

Well, that just about sums it up in the food department for us.

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!