CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Shakin' Bakin' Tuesday!


Today was yet another busy day in the Norman household. This morning I finished up some run over cleaning and other things I wasn't able to get done yesterday. I have to mention that Hadley ate 2 pieces of cinnamon raisin toast this morning. This might not sound like much to some of you, but for Hadley who is really not a breakfast eater to begin with this was MONUMENTAL!

After breakfast Hadley was digging through some stuff and ran across my checkbook. The checkbook was then her companion for the remainder of the morning/afternoon. While cleaning I could hear her talking in her room. I walked back to find her setting up all her ducks in a row and then opened her book and started reading to them. I love this girl!
When Andrew got home we put up our outside Christmas decor. It didn't take too long, we really don't have much.
Hadley picked out our yard sign. Mainly because it has HoHo on it.

While on some adventures this afternoon I stumbled upon this tree topper. I've been looking for a top hat tree topper, not this exactly but I fell in love when I saw it. And it was $30 cheaper than the one I had been looking at online.

Hadley enjoying the Christmas mix I put together and our Christmas tree.


Our neighbors view.

TODAY'S BAKING ACTIVITY:
Pretzel Peppermint Bark
(Ingredients: Pretzels, candy canes, 1/2 package vanilla/chocolate bark)
Crush your candy canes.
Melt bark
Add pretzels to bark. (*Note: Mention to your child/husband that when you put in a LARGE amount of pretzels at one time it makes it harder to get them coated thoroughly.)
Coat pretzels then place on wax paper to dry.
Before completely dried sprinkle candy cane dust over the top.
Check with medicine dropper to see if they are dry. (Random I know, but definitely necessary.)
Repeat all steps with chocolate bark.

ENJOY!!!!


Hadley pointing out daddy's hair before bedtime. (For those of you wondering...Yes that is spit-up on Andrew's shoulder, we have an 18 month old who still spits up.)

Today was a blast and our home is officially Christmasfied!!!

Thanks for checkin' in!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!